There were no injuries reported after a barn fire at 1735 Hammer Road Tuesday night. Albert Lea and Clarks Grove fire departments were dispatched at 11:45 p.m. after a passerby reported the fire. Fire crews arrived on scene to find a 20-by-20-foot barn that was housing chickens fully engulfed. Law enforcement made contact with the homeowner and verified that no one was in the barn.
Fire crews were on the scene for about an hour extinguishing the fire and hot spots. The barn is a total loss, with damages still being estimated. Only two chickens escaped the fire. The damage, which appeared to be caused by electrical, was contained to the barn.