Weather Alert

About 700 Mayo Clinic Workers Will Lose Jobs Over Vaccine Mandate

The Mayo Clinic says about 700 workers who refused to comply with the healthcare provider’s vaccine mandate will lose their jobs.

Monday was the cutoff date for Mayo employees to receive their first shot or obtain an exemption for religious or medical reasons.

Mayo says about 99% of staff across all locations have complied with the policy, which requires receiving at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and not being overdue for a second dose, if needed.   The remaining 1%  of employees will be released from employment.

“While Mayo Clinic is saddened to lose valuable employees, we need to take all steps necessary to keep our patients, workforce, visitors, and communities safe,” the healthcare provider said in a statement.  “If individuals released from employment choose to get vaccinated at a later date, the opportunity exists for them to apply and return to Mayo Clinic for future job openings.”



Connect With Us Listen To Us On